Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Graduate


My niece is graduating from Kindergarten on Friday and I wanted to make her a little something special. I made this graduate from the Paper Dolls Cart and I added a $5 to her hand. I rolled it to look like a diploma and secured the money with a small rubber band. I then punched two small holes in the hand so I could run ribbon through it to cover up the band. I think it kind of looks like her, so I was happy with how it turned out.
I put this in the MY SHERI CRAFTS CHALLENGE #5. The challenge this week is to make a Kid's themed project. Check out their blog to see all of the projects and to play along. http://myshericrafts.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Raquel said...

How cute! Well done and absolutely love the money rolled up as the diploma!

Scrapping Cat said...

This is so adorable...love the money scroll...nice touch

Stacy said...

I agree with the others, really cute. The money rolled up is such a cute touch.
Stacy

P.G. Lamb said...

That money scroll is such a wonderful idea! The paper doll is just adorable! :-D

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

OMG! I wish I had thought of that! I just did a binch of grad cards and put money inside?? Not near as cute as yours!

Lesleyanne said...

That's such a good idea! What an adorable project!