Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ladybug Cake (SOUS Sketch Layout)




I have not had a chance to play along at the Stuck on You Sketches blog in a few weeks, but I loved their sketch for this week. I made this page of my niece at her birthday party. She had a separate cake with a ladybug on it and it turns out that it was more icing than cake. We had quite a time trying to get to the cake for her, because unlike most kids, she is not the biggest fan of icing. The little ladybugs are all from a sticker page that I found in Walmart in their new scrap section. I used the Gypsy to make the border that I put around the page. The title is stickers and I hand cut the backgrounds for the title and the journaling. I was going to use the Gypsy and then decided to just do it the old fashion way by hand, lol. Sometimes, I forget that I did actually make scrapbooks and crafts before I had my cricut.

Be sure check out the Stuck on You Sketches blog for great sketches for your layouts. They always have really great ideas and some nice desing team sample pages with their sketches as well. http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Nanne said...

How much fun is that? Fantastic take on this weeks sketch, love those papers..
Thank you for playing along this week with us gals at SOUS..
hugs
Nanné

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love your take on this week's sketch. And ladybugs are right up my alley, so I'm loving the whole page! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jean! I see you hit 100 followers, congrats!!!
Your page is super cute and I love how creative you were with using the circle cake for that part of the sketch! so smart!!!