Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Despicable Me Minion

When me and Kaylee went to the Botanical Gardens last week, one of the scarecrows they had was based on the movie Despicable Me.  They had made little minions out of yellow milk cartons.  Kaylee wanted me to make her one.  I don't drink the milk that comes in a yellow carton, but I told her that I would make her a minion out of a car cleaning sponge, so this is what I came up with.

I started out with a yellow car cleaning sponge that came from Walmart for $1.47.  The overalls part was made from a pocket that came off of some old jeans.  (I had some pockets left from the blue jean pocket purses I made)  I just cut the pocket up to make it look like overalls.  The feet, arms and G on the overalls are foam pieces.  I then attached two small black buttons to the side of the overall straps.  The mouth is also a piece of black foam that I painted on.  I used a large google eye and took a Stamping Up Sweet Treats cup and painted gray on it to make the goggle. I also painted white lines around the goggle like the minions have.  After I had the goggle attached, I took some more of the black foam and made a strap.  Finally, I used a black marker to add the hair lines to the top. Everything was attached to the sponge with hot glue.  I think he turned out pretty cute and I will definitely be making a few more so she can have a whole family of little minions.



Be sure to scroll down to the next post if you are looking for the Day 12 Halloween Project.  :)

Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties

8 comments:

greenbean said...

this is too adorable!....i freaking love it!...

Amanda C said...

You are one of the most creative people ever! So much talent!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, you are cracking me up! I feel lousy and here I am laughing at you again hysterically!!! This is so amazingly cute -- I love it! I think Kaylee has to take the credit for your creation but you "hands up" get the credit for creating it!

Can't say it made me feel better, but thanks for the good laugh!

Sheri@childmade.com said...

Very creative! Well done! Thanks for sharing ... I've posted a link.

Cyndi said...

This is wicked awesome!

Ashlee Marie said...

that's hilarious! Very funny. Thanks for linking to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Cutest. Thing. Ever!

Lisa said...

I love the pants on the little thing.