Friday, November 26, 2010

A Little Bit Late, but Happy Thanksgiving and A Few last minute Thanksgiving Projects

Well, all morning yesterday I had intentions of getting on here and wishing everybody a Happy Thanksgiving and the day just got away from me too fast.  So, I am here with a little bit late Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!!  Also, if you are going out to do any more shopping today, be safe and hope you find tons of more deals.  Yesterday was crazy for me, got up early to cook some crockpot mac and cheese, did some last minute turkey crafts, went to my parents house and then left from there to start shopping. My sister and me started shopping about 7pm and did not get home until 5:20am this morning, so I am wore out!!!

Yesterday morning, while I was cooking my mac n cheese, I decided that I wanted a turkey bowl to put it in, so I would have to make one.  I had this red bowl that I didn't mind altering, so I used Create a Critter and cut a turkey head and feather and hot glued them to the bowl.

Now, my husband says to me, if I had a turkey hat I would wear it today.  I told him I was sorry, I didn't have a turkey hat for him.  Then, he advised me that I could make him one just like that kid's craft when you make the Indian feathers hat.  So, I took two strips of paper and stapled them together, then cut another turkey from Create a Critter and glued it to the front and back for him.  I took some pictures of this before I glued them on.
And here you can see how happy he is with his turkey hat.  Kaylee got a big kick out of him in his hat when we got to my mom's house.

Next, I have a picture of my Pilgrim Turkeys in their cheesecakes, because I had a few people ask to see them when they were finished.


And finally, if you remeber the Thankful Turkey I made for Kaylee, she had it finished and filled up, so here is a picture of her with the finished turkey from a few days ago. There is also a picture close up of the feathers so you can see how it looked with the thankful messages wrote on them.


3 comments:

Minta's Creations said...

Love your pictures and projects. You did a wonderful job on all your turkeys.
Minta

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

cute turkey bowl! wish i would have thought of it :)

Besthobbyeva said...

Such cute projects and a very happy husband, what more can a girl ask for? I am glad you had a great day!!!