Friday, February 25, 2011

A layout for Kaylee's Story "Cat Was Sad"

Well, Kaylee loves cats.  She has been a cat for Halloween twice and she has a plat vet set that she loves to pretend to fix up cats with.  So, now that she has been learning to read and write, she wrote a story about a cat.  She wrote this out on a piece of paper and cut it out so that I could put it in her scrapbook.  I decided to write the story out (which she dictated to me, to make sure I had it correct, lol) and add pictures.  I added her handwritten story to the second page and added a journaling tag as well.  I used the Create a Critter cartridge to cut the cats and the ball of yarn.  I hand drew the sad face on the cats.  The title part was cut with the Don Juan cartridge.

Here is a close up of the story where Kaylee wrote it.  (You have to love how kids spell everything exactly how it sounds) :)


I am entering this layout into the Thankful Thursday challenge at Crazy about Cricut.  The challenge is for your or a child to write a story about something or someone that they love.  You can find the blog here: http://www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is such a great lay-out! The perfect way to look back and remember!

Stacy said...

Jean,
What a great layout, and Kaylee, what a great story. You both did a great job
Hugs
Stacy

Georgiana said...

Those cats are super cute and the side-by-side story is perfect!

Georgiana

Rhonda Emery said...

adorable

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Hi Jean, wow great layout and story. wish you luck in the challenge. Im also writing to you to let you know that I gave you the Stylish Blogger Award. Stop by my blog to get it. Have a great day.

mommyscraftycreations@gmail.com
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

DtsArt said...

Oh this is so cute!

Besthobbyeva said...

So adorable and those cats are too cute!

Lisa said...

I love the yellow cats.