Wednesday, May 18, 2011

CWC Challenge 30: Must Include a Balloon: Design Team Project

It is Wednesday and time again for the Cooking with Cricut Challenge.  This week, we are challenging you to use a balloon somewhere on your project.  Be sure to check out all of the other design team projects and enter the challenge here: http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/.

For my project, I decided to use the negative image of the balloon cuts as my photo areas.  I started by using the Gypsy to place three balloons where I wanted my pictures to be and then cut them on my main sheet of paper using the Simply Charmed Cartridge.  Next, I trimmed my photos to fit behind the balloon cuts and then put a plain white sheet of paper on the back to keep them in place.  I then used the Tie the Knot Cartridge for the Celebrate cut and the Sweet Treats cartridge for the confetti.  I outlined the title and the balloon strings.  I added some faux stitching around the edge with a white pen and also added some white dots to the title and confetti.

Here is a picture of the page cut to add the pictures to it.  I used the balloon cuts to see how I wanted to place my picture behind the negative images.
Here is a close up of the dots added to the letters.


I am entering this into the following challenge:

7 comments:

Besthobbyeva said...

So adorable, I love the balloons, such a clever idea to put the pictures in the balloons.

Laurie

Rhonda Emery said...

very clever and cute.

Linda Therrien said...

love the idea of the balloons for the picture frames, I will have to look at my cartridges a little differently now - great job!!

Thank you for joining us on Creative Sisters Monday challenge.

Linda
www.lindascreativity.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

I like how the pictures were turned into the balloons!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Jean!!! What a gret layout and I love how you made the balloons frame those adorable pictures!

Wow, I've miss you and your creations! Glad to be back to check in on you!

Stacy said...

Jean,
This is super cute, I love the balloon idea
Hugs
Stacy

Jen said...

Great LO, Jean! I too love the balloon "frames". Pink and green is one of my favorite color combos.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com