Wednesday, June 15, 2011

CWC Challenge 34: Father's Day: Design Team Project

It's Wednesday and time for a new challenge at Cooking with Cricut.  This week, we are challenging you to make a Father's Day project.  Be sure to stop by the blog to check out all of the design team projects and enter the challenge here: http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/.

For my project, I had already made my father's gift, so I decided to work on something for my grandfather.  I bought a plain coffee mug and used the Car Decals and Batman Cartridge to cut designs for the front and back of the mug out of black vinyl.  I wanted to have a matching card, so I used Car Decals and Batman again with the Wild Card Cartridge for my base.  My grandfather loves butterfingers, so I filled the cup up with some for him.  He is a big coffee drinker also, so I think he will get a lot of use out of this gift.

 Here is the back of the mug.

I am entering this into the following challenges:
My Sheri Crafts: Father's Day: http://myshericrafts.blogspot.com/
My Craft Spot: We Love Dad!: http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/
Alphabet Challenge Blog: F is for Father's Day: http://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
Whimsical Wednesdays: Father's Day: http://whimsicalwednesdays.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...this is so cute. So perfect for Father's Day. :)

The Archiving Angel said...

So super cute! Terrific cuts with the vinyl-just the right touch for perfect & useable gifts.
Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday.
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Cute and cup! Love the decal cart images! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Stacy said...

Jean,
This is adorable. I love it. I need to get involved in some of these great challenges
Hugs
Stacy

Joy said...

How cute !! Love the figure on the mug and the card ! I would be fighting your grandfather over those butterfingers,they are my favorite too! Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot !
Joy

Anonymous said...

Hey Jean = You should enter in Dusti's Father's Day Linky Hop! It is wonderful!
http://www.scrappinwithcricut.com/2011/06/fathers-day-link-up-party_11.html
Deanne
http://deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, how cute!!! I love Butterfingers too, and I'm a coffee drinker! You're dad will just adore this!!! I see you used the image you think resembles him again -- how adorable!

GiGi said...

This is just adorable! I love that mug and great card too! Thanks for playing at WHimsical Wednesdays!

jennyplace26@gmail.com said...

Very cute fathers day project. Love the coffee cup! Tanks for joining the challenge @My Craft Spot

shaz earl said...

What a lovely gift for Grandpa thank you for joining us at Alphabet challenge this time xx

Cindy Beland said...

Oh my GREAT job with your projects!Awesome coffee cup and Adorable card,"WOW"Thanks so much for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday!!:)

Georgiana said...

Super cute! I so want Car Decals.

Kate said...

What a great set! The image is just perfect - and what a super idea to create a special mug!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Amy C said...

This is fabulous....I ♥ it!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot.

Hugs,
Amy
Scrapping Mommy

Jen said...

Great project, Jean! Love the little guy on the mug and the card -- too funny!

~ Jen, CWC DT

Unknown said...

Your Fathers Day project is so so cute. I love the bag and the bug! Really love this cart and you are totally making me want it. Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays.