Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Yarn Jars

If you are looking for today's Halloween project, scroll down to the previous posting.

This is an extra Halloween Project that I made this year.  These Yarn Jars were made to hold candy and give away as a small gift.  I made a pumpkin one and a ghost one.
 To make these, I started with a mason jar, yarn and hot glue.
I used the hot glue to attach the yarn and wrap it around the glasses.  As you get closer to the bottom, it is harder to get the yarn to stay around the jar.  I am thinking on the next ones I make I will not wrap them as far down.
 For the lids, I used acrylic paint to cover them.  (white for the ghost and green for the pumpkin).
To finish the jars off, I used black glitter cardstock to cut the faces and hot glued them to the front of the jars.  I used A Child's Year for the face on the pumpkin and Pumpkin Carvings and George and Basic Shapes for the face on the ghost.
I am entering the ghost jar into the following challenge:
Fantabulous Cricut: Ghost: http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/
I am also linking these up here:
Show and Tell at The Crafting Misfit: http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, these are adorable!!! How fun to fill with all sorts of Halloween goodies!!!

Cricut Couple said...

What a fantastic Idea! These would make wonderful luminaries as well! Hmmm... This would be too cool for Christmas!

BugBites said...

What a great project.TFS with us at FCCB.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun jars!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Jens Craft Corner said...

These jars are adorable. I love jars! Super cute idea!

Amy said...

Cute project/decoration- clever use of yarn! Thanks for sharing this week at FCCB :)Amy

Luanne said...

super cute! I want that in my craft room.

Luanne
myfootahead(at)gmail(dot)com
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Eva Laney said...

so fun and cute!
Eva :0)
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com