Saturday, October 15, 2011

Spaceship Birthday Card for Madison's "I Feel the Love" Project

If you are looking for today's Halloween project, please scroll down to the previous post. 

As many of you know, Madison of http://www.funkycards.blogspot.com/ has a project on her blog called "I Feel The Love", where she collects cards for different people each month.  This month, she is collecting birthday cards for a precious little boy named Ethan.  Head over to her blog to read his story and consider sending a card.

I wanted to make Ethan a spaceship card, but I didn't have a Cricut Cartridge with one on it.  So, I did a google search and found this adorable svg of an Alien and Spaceship on 4shared.com.  (There was no name or profile attached to the file, so I am not sure who made this file, but it is great).  Anyways, I welded the base shape together in SCAL to make a shape card and then decorated it.  I outlined the alien in black, added faux white stich lines to the top, added some red gems for lights and finally added three yellow google eyes to the alien.

4 comments:

Madison said...

Jean, this is the cutest card. I just love it. Ethan will love it too:) You are amazing. I am so blessed to have your support. Thank you so much.
~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

This little spaceship and alien card is just too cute, Jean!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

adorable!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Eva Laney said...

awe, sooo cute!
Eva :0)
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com