Sunday, September 9, 2012

Popping into 3rd Grade

I made this layout with Kaylee in her 3rd Grade shirt I made her at the end of the last school year.  I actually got the idea for this layout from a billboard that I saw.  I used the Carousel Cricut Lite Cartridge for the Popcorn Box on the bottom.  I then used black vinyl and the Batman Cricut Font to cut the title "Look Who's Popping Into 3RD Grade".  For the popcorn, I took three circles and welded them together to look like a piece of popcorn.  I then layered these in the popcorn box and put a few on the page.  I used white puffy paint and a heat gun to give the texture of popcorn on the pieces.  Finally, I put a red mat behind the photo and outlined everything with a black pen.


5 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

very cute layout she is getting to be a big girl. hugs

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, I love the texture and effect of your popcorn box! This looks great, my friend!

Kaylee is surely growing into a beautiful young lady!

Thanks for stopping by -- was good to hear from you!

Unknown said...

So cute! Love the texture on the popcorn.

Angi Barrs said...

This is sooo fun. Love the popcorn bucket.

Georgiana said...

Super cute. A couple of the teachers at school use the popcorn theme to welcome the students.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations